Duck sauce suspect charged with murder of Chinese food delivery worker raises $500K bail

Glenn Hirsch, the Queens man accused of fatally shooting food delivery worker Zhiwen Yan, has reportedly raised $500,000 to get himself out of jail as early as next week. Yan, 45, was making a delivery near 108th Street and 67th Drive at around 9:30 p.m. on April 30 when someone began firing shots in his

SharkBites Newsletter

Asian America Daily – in under Five mins
What’s happening in Asian America? Get a day by day e mail to stay knowledgeable, educated, and entertained.
  • Glenn Hirsch, 51, who's accused of fatally taking pictures Zhiwen Yan in Queens, has managed to raise $500,000 for his bail, consistent with his brother.
  • Yan, 45, used to be creating a delivery for Great Wall restaurant on April 30 when Hirsch allegedly shot him to death.
  • Hirsch used to be arrested previous this month on murder and different fees, to which he pleaded now not guilty.
  • An investigation published that the Great Wall patron have been fascinated about a chain of anxious encounters with the restaurant’s workforce, which allegedly stemmed from a duck sauce dispute final November.
  • If released, Hirsch can be ordered to wear an ankle monitor and surrender his passport.
  • A pass judgement on will resolve on Monday whether or to not liberate Hirsch.

Glenn Hirsch, the Queens guy accused of fatally taking pictures food delivery worker Zhiwen Yan, has reportedly raised $500,000 to get himself out of jail as early as subsequent week.

Yan, 45, used to be creating a delivery near 108th Street and 67th Drive at round 9:30 p.m. on April 30 when anyone started firing pictures in his route, consistent with police. The incident passed off simply 880 yards from Great Wall eating place, Yan’s administrative center for over two decades.

Hirsch, 51, was once arrested in connection to the capturing on June 1. An investigation printed that the Great Wall patron had been enthusiastic about a chain of annoying encounters with the eating place’s personnel, which allegedly stemmed from a duck sauce dispute remaining November.

At the time, Hirsch reportedly requested for extra duck sauce after already taking a complete bin. While staff contributors fulfilled his request, he nonetheless demanded a reimbursement and referred to as the police after they refused to return his cash.

Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz called Hirsch’s call for for more duck sauce an “obsessive level of contention.” During a seek, the authorities discovered that his refrigerator was stuffed with duck sauce and different condiments, with one police source labeling him a “hoarder.”

Hirsch, who pleaded now not in charge to murder and other charges, attended a bail hearing on Thursday. His brother, Lee Hirsch, instructed the Daily Mail that he had a check for $500,000 to provide to the court.

Judge Daniel Lewis set Hirsch’s bail stipulations, which come with getting an ankle observe and surrendering his passport. Judge Kenneth Holder, who set Hirsch’s bail, will determine on Monday whether or not to unencumber him.

Hirsch used to be reported to have at least nine prior arrests between 1995 and 2012, one of which involved an armed robbery. But his legal professional, Michael Horn, said they're “not related.”

“We know that accusations are meaningless without any judication,” Horn told the Daily Mail. “The District Attorney is taking what I believe to be a thin case and seeking to put as much garnish as imaginable to make the sandwich look bigger.”

Yan, who immigrated from China to the U.S. in 2001, is survived through his wife, Kunying Zhao, and their 3 young children. Community members described him as the “toughest operating man in the community.”

“Anytime you’d move he’d say ‘hi my good friend,’” Philip Jacoby instructed Spectrum News. “Snow, rain, typhoon he was out turning in. He was once the nicest guy.”

A GoFundMe marketing campaign set up for Yan’s 3 children ultimate month controlled to collect $154,160. Zhao is still raising funds for her past due husband in a separate marketing campaign.

Featured Image via FOX 5 New York (left), GoFundMe (right)

Support our Journalism with a Contribution

Many other folks might no longer know this, but regardless of our large and loyal following which we're immensely thankful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.

Everything you notice these days is constructed at the backs of warriors who have sacrificed alternatives to assist in giving Asians far and wide the arena a larger voice.

However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our business, from figuring out the most sustainable industry model for unbiased media firms to going through the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.

We hope you consider making a contribution so we will proceed to supply you with high quality content material that informs, educates and conjures up the Asian neighborhood.
Thank you for everybody’s give a boost to. We love you all and will’t appreciate you guys sufficient.

ncG1vNJzZmhqZGy7psPSmqmorZ6Zwamx1qippZxemLyue82erqxnlKqwrHnSmqycnV2owrS8xJyrZpuYlr%2BoscNmrqKsmGK6tr7Dnqlmp5ZisKm1zZ6qnmWWpLylecOeo6KulafGbsPOq6Keql2nrqq%2FxKxkbmhgoHqjrcilZg%3D%3D

 Share!